iTeen Magazine Blogger


Hi Everyone,

So excited to tell you all that I was selected as the First Fashion Blogger of iTeen Magazine (online) ,which focuses on young women in India.The 'i' in iTeen stands for indie or independent and is based in India and US.As a winner,they interviewed me asking me the following questions -   




iTeen Fashion Blogger Winner!


Congratulations to Anchal Mehra! We love her fab and sophisticated style! She shares her inspiration, and fashion tips, below:

When did you first become interested in fashion?

Since childhood I was into fashion. I owe all my fashion sense to my mom and my maternal aunts. They have always been an inspiration to me. As a kid, I noticed all the minute things which these three ladies did. From their outfit to make-up to accessories – everything. Also, watching Bollywood divas wearing designer clothes in movies, for ramp walks and for red carpet events made me love fashion even more. :D

How would you describe your style?

I love to accessorize my outfits. Accessories can make any boring outfit look fabulous. I keep my accessories as minimal as possible. I started experimenting with my look after going to college. I don’t like to overdo things, I try to keep my outfit simple yet stylish.

What are some of your favorite designers/brands?

Manish Malhotra, Sonaakshi Raaj, Arpita Mehta, Moschino, MK, Alexander Wang, Forever21, Hollister.

Are you inspired by any celebrities?

Deepika Padukone – she can carry anything from the most casual outfits to the most sexiest ones. I completely fell in love with her after watching Race 2. She looked spectacular in what wear she wore, from sexy bikins to her glamourous gowns. She completely nailed it.

Kareena Kapoor Khan, for her Indian wear since she mostly wears Manish Malhotra’s outfits. She can carry anything. Her salwar kurta look in Jab We Met, her glamourous look in Heroine and her sexy figure in Fevicol song. I love her.


And in men, I think no one can replace Akshay Kumar, John Abraham and Salman Khan. These three men can carry off anything.


What style tips can you share?

1. People matching their outfit from head to toe – I think it’s a disaster, you ought to contrast.
2. Accessories, define your outfit. Try to keep it as minimal as possible. If you are wearing earrings, avoid wearing statement necklaces and vice versa. You don’t have to show off all your accessories in one day.
3. While girls spend hours to get ready, they ignore the most basic thing. NAILS, yes you have to have a nail paint. It’s part of your outfit. You just cannot ignore.

What advice do you have for aspiring fashion bloggers?

Try to be as authentic as possible, it’s good to get inspired by other bloggers but copying them completely and showing off same to your followers is a big NO. Being different from other bloggers will attract followers. You ought to give your followers something, which other bloggers aren’t


This was the best Pre - Birthday gift.Oh yes,I will be uploading my birthday pics too..
As a winner I was given voucher redeemable at Streetstylestore ,from where I ordered my new flats (they are coming :D ) and I recommend all of you to check out their website for latest shoe trends and you can thank me later when you yourself end up buying.:P I will upload my buy on Instagram.
I hope you liked my interview and the styling tips given  :) 

Follow  - Instagram , Facebook ,Twitter
Have a great day
Love 
Anchal Mehra